Fjords View Excursion Private
A comfort drive to the dramatic Arctic Ocean Fjords...
Enjoy the tranquility and raw beauty of the Arctic environment in this comfortable drive to the dramatic fjords of Kvaløya Islands. In this varied and relaxed drive with GuideGunnar you will travel the deep fjords for the best coffee and / or high plateaus for 360 ° panoramic views. Through the alpine off-piste ski enthusiasts' playground of Kattfjordeidet to the ancient rock carvings by the rich fishing ground of Rystraumen strait. GuideGunnar's Fjords View Excursion tour is a Tromsø`s highlight.
We will have an opportunity to come across moose and reindeers on our way. It`s possible to meet moose and reindeers along the roads too.
Enjoy home made refreshments and good coffee at the Bryggejentene quay cafe in Ersfjord (daytime only), nicknamed the Northern Lights Fjord as it's a famed location for the best Northern Lights shots.
Kvaløya ancient rock carvings
The strait of Rystraumen holds one of Troms' richest fishing grounds where we will see rock carvings dating back 4500 years depicting hunters and wildlife.
Arctic Cathedral inspiration Håja Island
Among the many views, you will also take in Håja Island which was architect Jan Inge Hovig's inspiration for the landmark Arctic Cathedral, Ishavskatedralen (1965), in Tromsø.
Good comfort transport
GuideGunnar's tours run in a high quality and spacious 14 seater mini bus with on screen introductions to the Arctic.
- Price: NOK 9 500 (1 - 4 guests) / NOK 14 500 (5 - 8 guests)
- Pickup point: Your hotel, AirBnb or cruise ship
- Start time: 10 am (winter) - 10 pm / 10 am (summer)
- Duration: 5 - 6 hours
- No. of guests: 1 - 8
- Available on request from June to April
GuideGunnar's Fjords View Excursion tour includes
- Pick up from your hotel, AirBnb or cruise ship
- GuideGunnar's guide service
- Outdoor lunch on the beach, or at a lovely beach hotel (when the weather is bad)
- Catering snacks: Lefse; Arctic Norway's traditional and locally made pastry with cream and sweet goat cheese.
- Hot black currant jus.
- Camera tripods to share
- Return transport to your accommodation, in the city
Do you travel with a larger group?
GuideGunnar is happy to provide for larger private groups up to 12 guests viewing the Fjords of Tromsø. This tour will run without the camp fire meal. Please enquire for available dates.