Ice Fishing & Snowshoe
GuideGunnar`s Ice Fishing season runs from January to April every winter...
Follow GuideGunnar to the island Ringvassøya, where you will be equipped with thermo suit and good boots for a little walk on snow. We will walk up to a beautiful lake in the midst of the Arctic wilderness. You will be given fishing gear, shown how to use it and how you clean your catch. Try your luck while taking in the landscape around you. GuideGunnar will prepare a hot meal on the frozen lake during the time on the ice.
GuideGunnar's Ice Fishing tours runs January to April 2021
- Price: NOK 1450 per guest
- Pickup point: Richard With`s Plass, Street Kirkegata (Tromsø Domkirke). Google View location >>
- Leaving: 09.00
- Duration: 5 hours incl. transport and lunch
- No. of guests: 2 - 6
- Grade: Medium / Easy
GuideGunnar's Ice Fishing tour includes
- Pick up from Tromsø city
- All equipment: Ice fishing gear, snowshoes and walking sticks, thermo suit and warm boots
- Hot drinks on the ice
- Lunch, hopefully a freshly caught fish meal! served on the frozen lake
- GuideGunnar's guide service
- Return transport to your accommodation in the city
Please note - conditions of tour
- Minimum age 10 years and older.
- Of safety concern this tour is limited to guests 10 years and older as temperatures on the lakes can drop to minus -20 degrees Celcius / - 4 degrees Fahrenheit.
- NB! Available for outdoors families who knows the nature and the cold. Kids clothing not included!
- Only adult size thermo suit (from XS) and warm boots (from size 36) are included in GuideGunnar's tours.
- Sneakers and jeans are not permitted on GuideGunnar's Ice Fishing tours!
Backpack & Clothing advice
- For your backpack: Extra fleece / jumper (warm jacket for break), extra socks, extra gloves, bottle of water.
- What to wear: Underwear (merino wool), wind and water proof jacket and pants, fleece / jumper, gloves (mitten gloves is best!), gaiters, scarves, knit hat covering ears, UV sun glasses.
- Layering is king! Your first layer of clothing, closest to your body, should be wool.
- Mitten Gloves are best! Keep yours fingers warm when you take pictures; Finger gloves under, Mittens over.
- Insurance and responsibility LINK >>
- Appropriate clothing and gear in Norway LINK >>